Happy Thursday! I’ve had a lot of people ask me about fitness and what I do to get and stay in shape. I tell them what my routine is, but the truth is, I would be nowhere without nutrition. We all eat more than we workout, there’s no way around that and I’m no exception. I LOVE to eat. Eating healthy and making smart choices doesn’t need to be a chore, because nutrition isn’t as complicated as you might think.
I won’t go into great detail on what I eat in this post, but I wanted to give you an idea of my day-to-day eating habits.
- I start every morning with my Herbalife shake (24 grams of protein) and Herbalife chai tea with a little bit of almond milk (this chai tea is life). I usually eat oatmeal (6 grams of protein) with a little bit of honey as well because I have such a fast metabolism and am working on gaining more lean muscle.
- I’ll have a snack about 2-3 hours later. Depending on where I am, on a typical day, this is either a protein bar if I’m out or eggs if I’m at home. Whatever snack I choose has more than 14 grams of protein.
- Lately, lunch has consisted of meatloaf (no ketchup) or either ground chicken or turkey. I’ll couple this with broccoli and/or Brussel sprouts and carrots along with sweet potatoes for the carb. I don’t overpower with spices or oil, but use enough for flavor. I use coconut oil or sunflower oil when I roast the vegetables or cook the ground meat.
- 2-3 hours after this I’ll have another snack or two. This second snack is often a smaller version of my lunch.
- Dinner! This varies from day to day but I stick with a protein, carb, and vegetable for this meal as well.
- I’ll typically have another snack after dinner. Since I do workout my metabolism has gotten faster and I’m hungry often. This snack is either eggs or another Herbalife shake depending on how I’m feeling.
I’m pretty great at budgeting and knowing what I’ll eat so that food doesn’t spoil. If you’re interested in knowing my budget breakdown and other foods that I eat let me know! We all have different goals and body types, and our nutritional values will vary from person to person. For myself, I want to be healthy and get abs. Abs have been a goal of mine for a while now and I’m excited to finally begin seeing some definition. Ab definition that wouldn’t be there if it weren’t for healthy eating habits!